We participate in various affiliate programs, including the Amazon Associates Program. We earn from qualifying purchases. We only link items we genuinely love, are highly recommended, and that fit our style.
Having a small bathroom doesn't mean you have to compromise on storage. With some creativity and smart solutions, you can maximize the available space and keep your bathroom organized and clutter-free. In this blog post, we will explore seven small bathroom ideas to add storage space to your small bathroom, helping you make the most of every inch.
1. Utilize Vertical Space: When floor space is limited, make use of vertical space by installing floating shelves or wall-mounted cabinets. These not only provide additional storage but also create an opportunity to display decorative items or keep frequently used essentials within reach.
2. Over-the-Toilet Storage: The area above your toilet is often underutilized. Install an over-the-toilet storage unit or shelving system to take advantage of this vertical space. You can store extra toilet paper, towels, toiletries, or even add baskets for a stylish and functional touch. An industrial looking option or a free-standing option.
3. Hang Hooks and Towel Bars: Hooks and towel bars are fantastic space-saving options. Install them on the back of the bathroom door, walls, or even on the inside of cabinet doors. These simple additions provide convenient storage for towels, robes, or hanging baskets for smaller items. A heavy duty over the door hanger is a great option that takes up little space. 4. Use Magnetic Strips and Organizers: Magnetic strips attached to the inside of cabinet doors are perfect for storing metal items like tweezers, bobby pins, or nail clippers. You can also find magnetic organizers or caddies that can be mounted on walls or the side of your refrigerator for extra storage. Drawer dividers can be a great way to keep small items from getting lost.
5. Opt for Slim Storage Solutions: In a small bathroom, every inch counts. Look for slim storage solutions such as narrow carts, rolling drawers, or tiered shelves that can fit into tight spaces. These can be tucked between the toilet and wall, alongside the bathtub, or even next to the sink. A tall shelf unit is guaranteed to unlock that some unused space. 6. Make the Most of Shower Space: Don't overlook the opportunity to add storage in your shower. Invest in shower caddies, corner shelves, or hanging organizers that can hold shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Suction cup hooks can be attached to the walls to hang loofahs or shower brushes. An over the shower caddy or five pack of no-drilling units will help get you organized.
7. Repurpose Everyday Items: Get creative and repurpose everyday items for storage. For example, use a ladder-style towel rack to hang towels or hang mason jars on the wall to store toothbrushes and cotton balls. Look around your home for items that can be transformed into functional storage solutions.
A small bathroom doesn't have to mean limited storage options. By implementing these seven creative storage solutions, you can optimize your space and keep your bathroom organized and clutter-free. Remember to think vertically, utilize empty spaces, and repurpose items for storage. With some ingenuity and a little planning, your small bathroom can become an organized oasis where everything has its place.